A vacancy has arisen for the post of Accounts Clerk within BigMat. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the selected candidate will be performing day to day finance operations within the Finance Department team while providing the most efficient, reliable and timely service in support to the smooth running of the Finance Department.
This position offers the opportunity to grow in the role and consequently assume more responsibilities commensurate to achievements and experience gained.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Supporting in general accounting duties such as posting invoices, journals and other general ledger postings as required.
Assist in the Purchase Ledger entries, reconciliation and controls as required.
Assist in the Receivables Ledger entries, reconciliation and controls as required.
Assisting with debt recovery.
Assist with end-of-month routines.
Coordinating petty cash payments.
Filing of documents.
Assist in ad hoc projects that may arise from time to time.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
Work in an office environment.
Working hours are 40 hours a week from 8am till 5pm with one hour break.
Education & Licenses Required
Previous experience in an accounting department within the industry would be considered as an asset, although not a must.
The ideal candidate should have at least an ‘A’ level qualification in accounts or equivalent and ideally be an ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) student.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualities / Tools & Equipment used in this position
- Preferably similar experience within Finance Department
- A willingness to learn and grow
- Have excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good organizational skills.
- Analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Proficient in operating Microsoft Excel
- Competent in operating Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems