A vacancy has arisen for the post of Accounts Clerk within Attard Brothers Building Supplies reporting to the Finance Manager. The selected candidate will be mainly required to provide the most efficient, reliable and timely service in support to the smooth running of the Finance Department.
NO. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- General accounting duties including the processing of purchasing invoices, suppliers’ payments preparations, inventory transactions and reconciliations.
- Other accounting duties such as reconciling supplier statements, raising and posting journals and other general ledger postings and inputting of petty cash transactions
- Check delivery notes and purchase orders in respect of prices with invoices received from suppliers
- Investigating of any mismatches and reporting any discrepancies for corrections
- Assign expenses to appropriate cost centres including coding and checking of approved invoices
- Prepare periodical reports as requested to assist in the analysis of accounts
- Liaise courteously with customers, suppliers, external auditors and other stakeholders as necessary
- Providing any other accounting and clerical assistance to the accounting department as may be deemed necessary
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is carried out in office environment liaising with retail outlet and warehouse environment.
- Full time job with occasional extra hours.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
- Have at ‘A’ level qualification in accounts or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
• Similar experience within a retail oriented Finance Department
• Have excellent communication skills
• Proficient in operating Microsoft Excel
• Competent in operating Microsoft Word and Outlook.
• Preference given to candidates having knowledge of Shireburn Financial Manager and/or Microsoft Dynamics 365.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems