Assisting the Commercial Manager in the financial management of projects, putting together offers for new work and negotiating and agreeing contracts.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1 Assist the Commercial Manager in managing and overseeing all activities within the Contracting Department.
2 Assist the Commercial Manager during all pre- and post-tendering processes.
3 Assist the Commercial Manager in the mobilisation of contracts.
4 Assist the Commercial Manager in Recruiting and hiring personnel within the Contracting Department.
5 Assist the Commercial Manager in implementing commercial processes and procedures
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
The role is on a full-time basis, and work is often project specific and may vary. Working additional hours, especially when working to tight deadlines, is often required.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
Expertise in Civil Engineering and/or Quantity Surveying.
Experience in Risk Management to Procurement, Financial Reporting and managing the Supply Chain.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
It is expected to have:
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong client liaison skills
- Experience of construction related projects and be technically competent in all aspects of tendering process and procedures
- Project management skills
- Good communication skills and be able to work within team
- Team leadership
- Knowledge of the main forms of contract and subcontract and understand how to maximize value and minimize risk
- Experience in claims management and dispute resolution, including the Adjudication Process and be able to negotiate ‘win-win’ settlements
- Flexibility and initiative to excel
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Organisation in his work and be able to work on tight deadlines
- Possess extensive IT skills, especially in the use of Microsoft Office and Projects