A vacancy has arisen for the post of Assistant Financial Controller within BigMat reporting to the Financial Controller. The selected candidate will be mainly required to provide the most efficient, reliable and timely service in support to the smooth running of the Finance Department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly management accounts and VAT returns
- Collate, prepare, and interpret reports for management
- Assist in the preparation of budget financial statements
- Liaising with external auditors before and during yearly statutory audit;
- Performing supplier and inventory reconciliations as necessary;
- Assist in treasury requirements the company including the collection of funds and payments.
- Overview controls over cash and inventory
- Supervise and assist the finance team with day to day activity including data entry.
- Perform monthly intra-group reconciliation
- Assist in the budgeting process
Work is carried out in office environment liaising with retail outlet and warehouse environment.
Full time job with occasional extra hours.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
Previous experience in an accounting department within the Retail industry would be considered as an asset, although not a must.
The ideal candidate must be a qualified accountant or in the last stages of obtaining ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) qualification.