The Assistant to the Head of Business Unit (Joinery) will coordinate and assist the Head of Business Unit in all necessary processes to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and requested quality standards.
Quotations / Tendering
- Take tenders from initial enquiry to submission.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates
- Analyse contract documentation and prepare accurate subcontractor packages for pricing.
- Liaise and negotiate with Subcontractors and Suppliers
- Actively participate in adjudication meetings
- Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations.
Project Management / Coordination
- Plan, organize, direct, and manage Projects concerned with the Joinery Division and other related trades.
- Direct, manage and device all necessary work procedures and programmes to the project teams (including subcontractors) in order ensure overall work conforms to required specifications.
• Formulate reports concerning work progress, costs, and scheduling to ensure that the project is completed on time and within budget.
• Liaise throughout the projects with clients, designers, architects and other professionals including health and safety.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Deal with Joinery Projects and related trades in the public and private sector.
Work on a full-time basis.
The role involves being on call when required to meet project deadlines.
Typically work is from main office with regular on-site visits / meetings with clients to monitor the project.
When working on multiple projects, frequent travel between sites is required.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
Have extensive work experience (supervisory, technical or trade roles) in Joinery and related sectors.
Good knowledge of Microsoft Tools such as Excel, Windows and Outlook and ideally MS Office Software including MS Project as well as ACAD.
A valid driving license is typically required for this role.
On-the-job training is usually offered.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
- Knowledge of any raw materials that need to be used in Joinery and related trades.
- Knowledge of processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the efficiency of the work
- Knowledge of general materials, tools and methods used in the industry.
- An understanding of customer needs and the ability to meet quality standards
- Knowledge on main regulations and standards used in the industry.
- People management and leadership skills to lead project teams
- Financial management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Networking skills and the ability to maintain professional relationships
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills in Maltese and/ or English
- Organisational and planning skills
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Time management and multitasking skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Managing multicultural and multilingual teams
- A methodical approach to work
- A sense of initiative
- Attention to detail
- Business acumen
- Proactive and energetic attitude