The Concrete Technical Manager is to provide hands-on technical expertise to run the concrete and precast departments supporting both internal and external customers
The position requires a sound knowledge of concrete technology, associated quality systems and a strong commitment to Health & Safety, welfare and the environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide practical assistance related to concrete operations in the plant and on sites.
- Provide first point of contact communications and troubleshooting for concrete for internal and external clients, and document customer complaints as per procedures.
- Assist in the quality control of daily operations. Ensuring quality controls are in place and are being adhered to during the ordering, batching, delivery, sampling, and testing of the concrete.
- Pro-actively drive the implementation of procedures and provide technical support to the sales team production and operations departments.
- Responsible for mix designs, cost reduction and assist in pricing exercises. Also take part in raw material selection and characterization.
- Drive yearly Quality and Cost Savings Action Plans for the concrete and precast departments.
- Assist in the management, motivation, and development of all operatives (batchers, drives, technicians) through training.
- Ensure compliance with Company, National and International Standards.
- Continue to develop the ISO9001:2015 documentation including Quality Manual and Quality Procedures. Analyses of QC results and track KPIs for both Departments.
- Involvement in the development and promotion of new products.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is on a full-time basis.
The role involves being on call and working during weekends may be required to meet project deadlines. Work is from a main office, regular on-site visits and meetings with clients may be required to monitor the project. For those working on multiple projects, frequent travel between sites is required.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
To be in possession of either of the following:
Advanced diploma in Construction Engineering; Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering (Civil Engineering); Graduate Perit (from either the Civil or Structural Engineering stream;
A hands-on approach to deal with plant and site quality issues in particular.
A valid driving licence.
On-the-job training will be provided.