As a result of our continuous growth, our company is looking for an energetic person who is seeking to develop his career in a manufacturing environment and fulfil his potential as a Cost Controller within our Production Unit. The successful candidate will need to have a hands on approach and report to the Unit Financial Controller
This position within the Production Unit also involves the compilation and computation of analysis and performance related reports, and perform routine reconciliations within the Finance Department of the Production Unit.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work in conjunction with all department heads to ensure maximum profitability
- Provide critical assessment of all budgets and cost projections
- Assess all product costings and continuously update data to ensure accurate stock valuations
- Develop and implement internal control procedures to ensure accuracy and completeness of all work across Departments
- Continuously test Policies and Procedures to ensure adherence to and report on findings
- Develop and propose proactive solutions and cost-cutting measures in order to maximise profits
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work in an office environment. Liaising with other Departments within the Unit and within other Units is imperative
- Working hours are those associated with a full time employment with occasional extra hours.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
- The ideal candidate must possess a suitable qualification or in the final stages of acquiring one as well as a number of years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment encompassing knowledge of standard costing will be considered as an asset.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
- Excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge
- An excellent understanding of costings
- Proficiency in Mathematics
- A methodical and meticulous approach with an aptitude for data
- Able to generate reports
- Good organizational skills
- Capable of building productive relationships with all stakeholders
- Hands on with a can do attitude as well as creative thinking skills.
- Analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong presentation skills, able to explain concepts concisely and accurately