Delivery Persons transport merchandise from a distribution centre to predetermined customers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Review orders prior to delivery.
Load the delivery vehicle, deliver goods in accordance with distribution orders and unload the goods at destination.
Drive safely and follow all laws and rules of driving.
Adhere to strict delivery timelines.
Obtain client signature for proof of delivery and condition of goods and collect payment when required.
Respond to any queries or complaints put forward by clients.
Keep accurate records of deliveries, turn in any money received upon delivery if paid in cash and ensure all documentation (such as receipts) is submitted.
Report delays, accidents or other traffic and transportation situations which may delay deliveries.
Ensure that the company vehicle is kept clean and maintained in proper working condition, and any technical problems are to be reported accordingly.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is on a full-time basis and may be required to work additional hours.
Typically work is from Monday to Friday.
Working during weekends and public holidays may be required especially during peak periods. The role is physically demanding since loading and unloading involves lifting, carrying and walking with goods.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
Must have a valid driving licence and a clean driving record.
A valid Category C licence is mandatory for driving heavy goods vehicles.
A clean Police Conduct Certificate is also required.
On-the-job training is offered by the employer.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
• Driving skills and road safety awareness
• The ability to plan the route according to delivery requirements
• An accurate sense of direction and comprehensive visual memory
• Storekeeping skills in case you may be required to help out in the stores
• Skills required to operate a forklift, pallet jack and other types of equipment during the loading process
• Written and verbal communication skills in Maltese and English • Numeracy skills
• Customer care skills • IT skills • Organisational, planning and time management skills
• Problem solving skills • The ability to work under pressure
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
A courteous and professional attitude • A pleasant and outgoing personality • A well-groomed appearance • Patience and the ability to remain calm • Physical strength and stamina