The Electrical Services and Controls Technician assists the Engineer in the development, installation, testing and maintenance of electric and electronic equipment within the production plant, construction sites, retail store and office building.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Design circuitry, draft sketches and build prototypes on the basis of sketches under the direction of the Engineer.
- Replace and programme, motor drive system such as soft starters/inverters, PLC controlled machines on both single and three phase machines.
- Assemble electrical equipment according to manufactures instruction.
- Perform quality control tests, record results, prepare reports on the findings and propose recommendations.
- Carry out regular checks and assess the condition of electrical equipment.
- Ensure that equipment is serviced on a regular basis.
- Diagnose electrical issues and malfunctions and come up with solutions.
- Assist other team members, including Electrical Fitters, as necessary.
- Keep accurate and updated documentation including maintenance and service logbooks, technical reports and inventory records.
Electrical Technicians work on a full-time basis.
Working outside the normal work schedule may be required in case of emergency situations which necessitate immediate attention.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
A qualification at MQF Level 4 or higher in Electrical Systems, Electronics and/or Engineering is required.
A valid Enemalta Wireman’s Licenses A & B is required.
A valid driving licence may be required for this role.
On-the-job training is offered.