The electronics and extra low voltage technician works hand in hand with the Engineer to design, build and maintain electronic systems within the production plant, construction sites, retail store and offices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Service and repair electronic boards/ power tools
- Research and develop new products.
- Test prototypes and analyse results.
- Write specifications and technical reports under the direction of the Engineer.
- Build and install electronic control systems.
- Inspect and calibrate electronic instruments as necessary.
- Set up the required maintenance schedules for specialised industrial and commercial equipment.
- Solve equipment faults.
- Ensure that all works are carried out in line with standard health and safety practices.
Work is on full-time.
Overtime work may also be required for urgent repairs.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
A qualification in Electronics at MQF Level 4 is required.
Attitude and experience are given considerable weight in this position.
On-the-job training is offered by the employer.