This position within the retail unit involves direct management of the units’ treasury needs, preparation of management accounts, budgets, computations and overall running of the units Finance Department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage the company’s financial accounting, reporting and monitoring systems
- Collate, prepare and interpret reports, budgets and accounts
- Prepare the monthly management accounts of the company for presentation to management in line with specific deadlines
- Responsible for the unit liquidity and cash flow including the collection of funds and payments.
- To forecast the units’ cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and funds available for investment.
- Overseeing all processes effecting the finances of the company to ensure the proper internal controls and to make the process more efficient.
- Participate in the formulation of strategic and long-term business plans
- Analyse change and advise management on the best way forward considering on going developments
- Reviewing, updating and implementing existing internal control procedures and introducing new controls when appropriate
- Maintaining and monitoring stock levels, ensuring that the company have adequate procedures and processes in places to ensure the appropriate stock levels and to impede stock damages, errors, and theft.
- Develop financial management tools to minimize financial risk for the company
- Oversee the selection, training and performance of staff
- Liaise with the external auditors of the company to ensure that appropriate annual monitoring is carried out
- Keep abreast with relevant changes in international accounting standards, best practices and applicable regulations
Working hours are usually up to 40 hours a week but being a managerial position, hours can vary according to company needs and more hours are normally expected in such a role
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
- Previous experience in project related finance (IFRS [International Financial Reporting Standards] reporting, Management Accounting, Budgeting and Treasury Management) is required in order to fulfil this position.
- Previous experience in the retail industry would be considered as an asset.
- The ideal candidate must be fully ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) qualified or have a similar qualification.