Foremen is mainly responsible for the direct supervision and coordination of activities of trades persons, labourers and other workers in order to ensure that all work is completed efficiently.
- Supervise, coordinate and/or schedule tasks and activities.
- Determine work requirements and plan procedures.
- Oversee work progress to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Interpret and explain technical information.
- Report on work progress.
- Liaise with the Project Manager, subcontractors and other parties.
- Respond appropriately to work delays, emergencies and other problems.
- Comply with legal requirements, health and safety codes and other regulations.
- Provide training to new staff.