BigMat is looking for a Head of Marketing and Ecommerce, someone who’s motivated by intrinsic and extrinsic factors, sales and likes bringing new ideas and projects to life! We’re after a passionate individual with excellent communication skills, who can piece together all the elements to create and maintain a superb digital experience together with developing and coordinating advertising strategies and campaigns and determining the market for new/existing goods and services.
If you have a strong background in Marketing and Ecommerce, experience within the retail (and preferably within the Home Improvement and D.I.Y sectors) appreciate quality and customer centricity and would relish the opportunity to be a leader within a growing team, we want to hear from you!
You should act as a trusted and credible sparring partner for the BigMat management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1 Manage both departments
2 Control cost and budgets
3 Manage and mentor personnel
4 Achieve sales targets and rest of the KPI-s and plans for the year
5 Increase brand awareness and market share
1 Create and execute marketing campaigns to promote a product or service through traditional marketing and digital marketing methods including pay per click, social media, email, and mobile marketing.
2 Present advertising and marketing campaigns and budgets to colleagues, senior management and clients.
3 Liaise with a range of stakeholders including external and internal clients, media, suppliers, printers, designers and web developers, sponsorship partners and more.
4 Manage advertising and marketing budgets.
5 Manage brand identity.
6 Source advertising opportunities, book traditional adverts in the press, radio or TV, and online adverts (local news websites and social media platforms).
7 Manage the production of marketing material including brochures, posters, online newsletters, videos, online or print adverts.
8 Identify potential markets.
9 Conduct market research and monitor competitor activity.
10 Write and edit content for print material (e.g. adverts, brochures, flyers, press releases) and multiple online platforms (e.g. webpages, e-shots, social media posts).
11 Monitor online campaigns, access analytics and compile reports.
12 Organize promotions and events for clients and the media (e.g. press conferences).
13 Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine marketing.
E COMMERCE DUTIES
1 Offer your expertise in the creation of the project including setting up and management of timelines, implementing procedural policies to standardise information, and coordinating with all departments involved to ensure smooth running of e commerce operations
2 Research keywords to determine best descriptions to be used and create templates for uploading data
3 Identify operational procedures that might hinder project progress and offer recommendations
4 Collaborate with other departments to ensure that new product information (descriptions, images, features, data sheets) is entered into the system as per templates and policies, stocks are up to date, deliveries on schedule and customer requests are tended to, etc
5 Manage synergy between store and online operational teams
6 Oversee customer service across all digital channels (including Facebook, Instagram, google reviews & live chat), ensuring fast response time and the best possible service for our digital customers
7 Identify gaps and areas of improvements within the ecommerce operation, making suitable recommendations for progress
8 Constantly on the lookout for new trends and ways of improving customer service, website and offerings with resources at your disposal
9 Help in establishing digital yearly sales target
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Work in an office environment. Additionally, it may be required to work outside the office which may involve visiting clients at their premises and meeting with suppliers, at the shop or stores. This role is on a full-time basis and working hours usually involve normal office hours. However, evening and weekend work may be expected when the role may require which might involve organising, attending events, when tight marketing campaign or busy days for e-commerce etc.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
- A recognised qualification through a fulltime study programme related to commerce, marketing, communications and media studies. Additional background in business and management would be appreciated.
- An MQF level 6 qualification in a related field would be considered a plus
- Experience within the retail (and preferably within the Home Improvement and D.I.Y. sectors)
- Previous experience in e-commerce, knowledge of Google tools and ERP implementation and integration processes – would be considered an asset
- A valid driving license may be required for such a role.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
The Marketing and e- commerce Lead is expected to have:
- Commercial and business awareness and budget management skills
- Knowledge of different media channels and how they operate e.g. TV, radio, press and internet
- Proficiency in digital media (social media marketing, content management systems, email marketing builders and bulk senders)
- Basic analytical skills to analyse online analytic tools like Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics and others
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), especially in relation to content marketing
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Design skills and knowledge of design tools like Photoshop and InDesign (where applicable)
- Great organization skills with proven ability to manage projects, adhering to short and long-term goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (and preferably Maltese )
- Passion for Home Improvement
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and fulfil these through various tools,
- Ability to match the perfect product with customers’ needs and to offer alternatives if particular products are not available
- A passion for quality and excellence in service
- Proven leadership qualities and ability to motivate a team to achieve targets and objectives
- Willingness to collaborate with all departments
- Positive attitude, problem solving abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and in a hectic environment