The Head of Projects shall be responsible to manage and co-ordinate all construction operation undertaken by the Attard Bros. Group to ensure that all projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Overall management of the various construction and finishes projects, ensuring that both operational and financial objectives are achieved.
• Coordination between the various sections within the Attard Bros Group, sub contractors and the client
• Lead the Operations team, composed of project/site managers, Schedulers, H&S Officer and Senior Foremen.
• Inspect and review construction work.
• Direct and supervise projects on construction sites to ensure the project meets specifications.
• Assign project managers to construction work projects.
• Study job specifications to plan and approve construction of projects.
• Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to Project Managers and clients.
• Formulate reports concerning work progress, costs and scheduling to ensure that the project is completed on time and within budget.
•Liaise with Project Managers, architects and staff from government authorities, including health and safety inspectors and building inspectors.
• Ensure construction work is being carried out in accordance with building regulations.
• Assist in the preparation and submission of tender bids.
• Investigate reports of damage at construction sites to ensure proper procedures are being carried out.
• Be involved in the recruitment and selection of Project Managers and sub-contractors.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
Have extensive work experience in the building and construction sector in other supervisory, technical or trade roles.
Be a warranted Architect specializing in Structural Engineering
Be proficient in MS Office Software including MS Project as well as ACAD.
A valid driving license is typically required for this role.
On-the-job training is usually offered.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
• Knowledge of any raw materials that need to be used in construction
• Knowledge of processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the efficiency of the work
• Knowledge of any materials and tools as well as methods, needed in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as roads
• An understanding of customer needs and the ability to meet quality standards
• Knowledge of relevant machines and tools, including their uses, repair and maintenance
• Knowledge of building regulations
• People management and leadership skills in order to lead a team of construction workers
• Financial management skills
• Negotiation skills
• Networking skills and the ability to maintain professional relationships
• Knowledge of health and safety procedures
• Interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills in Maltese and/ or English
• Organizational and planning skills
• Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Time management and multitasking skills
• The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Managing multicultural and multilingual teams
• A methodical approach to work
• A sense of initiative
• Attention to detail
• Business acumen
• Proactive and energetic attitude