The Health and Safety executive consults the production plant and implements and maintains a safety, health management system. Administers safety and health programs for the Attard Bros Contracting.
The executive also inspects and evaluates the site, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards. Establishes and maintains safety contingency plans, keeps up to date with new issued legislation and supports production plant in having all necessary permits.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To develop and monitor occupational health and safety policy, programs, and procedures for the plant.
- Assist the company in complying with current health and safety legislation and/or regulations with the objective of ensuring that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to protect the safety and health of workers.
- Assists the Health safety and security Manager in the development of the organization and individual goals.
- Increase health and safety awareness at all levels within the organization.
- Increase the HS awareness through Bulletins ( safety behaviour and culture improvement)
- Investigate and report on all serious/critical personal injury accidents occurring to the appropriate senior management, and to assist in the investigation of all accidents/incidents that result in substantial damage.
- Investigate and report on complaints of hazardous working conditions to , Health safety security manager, Head of Production and / or Head of HR.
- Conduct, as necessary, the safety inspections.
- Ensure Emergency response plan is current and all the training, drills etc. has been conducted.
- To coordinate with HR the training of personnel in areas of safety, including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, workplace inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures.
- Ensure First Responder Team is trained and in place.
- Compile a Monthly report indicating the statistics, trends, safety management inspections, regulatory actions to be taken and risk assessment activities to be done.
- Monitoring activities such as signal installation, service and recharge of fire extinguishers, maintenance of first aid boxes, inspection and certification of equipment and machinery on construction sites.
- Make proposals for continuous improvement to mitigate unsafe working conditions.
- Lead safety committee.
This role involves working mainly on Attard Bros Construction sites and carrying out random inspections.
Work is on a full-time basis, from Monday to Friday. The job might involve evenings and weekend work in cases of spot checks, serious incidents, accidents, or emergencies.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
To be in possession of a qualification at MQF Level 5 or higher such as bachelor’s in occupational health and Safety.
A clean Police Conduct Certificate.
A valid driving licences.
On-the-job training is acquired on the Plant.