The Estimator will be required to:
- Take tenders from initial enquiry to submission.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates
- Analyse contract documentation and prepare accurate subcontractor packages for pricing.
- Liaise and negotiate with Subcontractors and Suppliers
- Actively participate in adjudication meetings
- Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote
- further tender invitations.
The Estimator will possess:
- Previous estimating experience
- Strong joinery background
- Knowledge of building material components, building regulations and H&S
- Good estimating skills (including taking off).
- Computer skills, especially Excel
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities
- The ability to analyse and assess risk.
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills
- Good organisation skills, analytical reasoning and attention to detail
- Local knowledge of suppliers and subcontractors