A vacancy has arisen for the post of an Electrical Technician within the Plant Maintenance Department at Attard Bros. Co. Ltd, reporting to the Maintenance Manager and will form part of the Group Maintenance Team.
The selected candidate will have a sound technical and academic background in this field with a proven track record, preferably also having a technical qualification in electrical engineering.
The possession of the Enemalta Wireman License A or/and B will be considered a strong asset.
Candidates who have just graduated from MCAST in with a BTEC in Electrical and Electronics (MQF4) will also be considered.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Experience in three phase installations and fault finding.
- Previous experiences in motor drive systems (soft starters/inverters).
- Previous experiences in PLC controlled machines.
- A good background in pneumatic and hydraulic systems repairs.
- Not afraid working from heights and bad weather conditions
- Ready to work overtime when required.
- Must work under minimum supervision
- In practice he must be capable of dismantling a 10 KW motor and change bearings/ dismantle hydraulic piston and change seals/ change a burnt contactor.
- Have a valid driving license
- He also must be ready to work and communicate with our existing maintenance team.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- A strong and young person can do all required jobs.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
- Preferable with license A and B.
- But we also consider with license A, reading for license B.
EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
- All electrical testing instruments
- Thread cutting machines
- Might also do some welding