As a result of our continuous growth, a vacancy has arisen for a Management Accountant within our Production Unit. The successful candidate will manage a team, supervise the day to day finance operations, prepare monthly Management Accounts to strict deadlines, involvement in Budget preparations and ad hoc computations.
This position within the Production Unit also involves the compilation and computation of analysis and performance related reports, and perform routine reconciliations within the Finance Department of the Production Unit.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts to strict deadlines
- Setting up and analysing of production KPI’s on a regular basis
- Analysing of monthly results and report on and suggest ways for improvement
- Monitoring and leading of the Finance Team
- Preparation and submission of quarterly V.A.T. Returns.
- Responsibility for all company inventory recording, verifications and investigations of any discrepancies
- Reporting of statistical information to NSO
- Preparation of documentation and liaison with our external auditors in anticipation and during the company’s statutory audit
- Keep abreast with relevant changes in international accounting standards, best practices and applicable regulations
- Preparation and submission of annual MBR requirements
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work in an office environment. Liaising with production is a must
- Working hours are those associated with a full-time employment with occasional extra hours.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
- The ideal candidate must possess a suitable qualification or in the final stages of acquiring one as well as a number of years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment will be considered as an asset, although not a must.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
- Excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Knowledge of financial reporting and accounting standards and regulations
- Proficiency in Mathematics
- A methodical and meticulous approach
- The ability to clearly and coherently explain financial information to users
- Good organizational skills
- Capable of building productive relationships with colleagues
- Hands on with a can do attitude
- Analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Accuracy and a commitment for deadlines