Reporting to the Business Head of Production, the Manufacturing Manager will manage overall production operations related to construction materials and be responsible for the effective and successful management of the labour force, customer satisfaction, production performance, quality control, equipment maintenance and analyses as established and set for the production.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure that production team members are meeting their targets in line with performance, quality standards and policies.
- Managing, in conjunction with the unit HOD’s, the production activities and the human resources to operate in line with company values
- Ensuring production financial targets are met, analyse variances, and ensure that the quality of products and services meet customers’ expectations
- Oversee implementation of Company’s Strategies relating to Sustainability, Innovation and Quality.
- Prepare an annual operating plan and budget in liaison with the Production Heads, and Groups overall strategy.
- Assist in implementing the Production Operations digitisation and modernisation efforts.
- Ensure compliance to ISO 9001 and CE procedures.
- Coordinate with HOD’s the recruitment of personnel, overseeing training schedules and carrying out performance appraisals.
- Assist in tendering, pricing, and sales efforts, as necessary.
- Promoting company values, enforcing discipline, health, and safety, and ensuring work is done efficiently and to the right levels of quality.
- Assist in implementing cost control and cost cutting efforts.
- Ensure implementation and enforcement all H+S directives.
- Assess team’s performance and provide action plans for improvement when required.
- Investigate any quality issues and come up with solutions together with the Quality Manager.
- Liaise with Production Heads and the HR department on staffing and training matters.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is normally in an office environment but must also spend time on the shop floor with their team. Works is 40 hours from Monday to Friday during office hours.
However, hours can vary according to company needs. Working during weekends may also be required.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
Qualification in Engineering, Construction or Management required.
Adequate knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management.
Budget development and oversight experience is required.
Proven leadership and organisational skills.
Proficient in computer use especially Microsoft Office, experience with Microsoft Dynamics would be an asset.
Excellent communication skills in English and Maltese; both written and verbal.
Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices.
Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting, and metrics.
Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation.
Be organized and motivated and able to manage your own time effectively and respond positively to different situation.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
Manufacturing Manager is expected to have:
• An understanding of the manufacturing industry and the specific field the plant is operating in
• An understanding of all the functions (e.g. Finance, Human Resources, Quality, Technical) within the manufacturing plant
• An understanding of the raw material, its usage and the product
• The ability to draft production and operational policies
• The ability to devise a strategy as to how resources are allocated to meet targets
• An understanding of technical breakdowns and machinery
• Forecasting skills to ensure requirements are met
• Leadership skills and the ability to motivate and coach team members
• Negotiation skills
• Knowledge of health and safety procedures
• Interpersonal skills • Strong communication skills in Maltese and/ or English • Numeracy skills • IT skills • Organisational and planning skills • Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills • Time management skills and the ability to work under pressure • The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• A high level of drive and ambition • A technical orientation • A willingness to learn, embrace change and innovation • Accountability • Attention to detail • Confidence • Flexibility • The ability to be firm but fair• The ability to be proactive • The ability to motivate others • The ability to remain calm