The Mechanic / Pump Attendant is to ensure that vehicles function in a proper and safe manner, and supply fuel to company vehicles.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Conduct routine maintenance service on vehicles, such as changing oils, filters and radiator coolants etc.
- Supply Fuel to company vehicles.
- Keep record of Fuel and Oil stocks and order accordingly.
- Communicate with drivers and Manager on the state of the vehicles.
- Ensure that the work area, equipment and tools used are organised and clean.
- Assist on carry out tests on vehicles to identify potential problems, such as defective components and to monitor vehicle performance
- Dismantle, repair or replace parts of the vehicle including doors, engine, wheels and interiors.
- Inspect and test transmission, fuel systems, brakes, steering, suspension and other parts of the vehicle.
Work on a full-time basis. Working hours are usually up to 40 hours spread over five days a week. Working Overtime, on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays may be required.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
- Qualified as a Motor Vehicle Mechanic.
- On-the-job training is offered by the employer.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
The mechanic is expected to have:
- An understanding of the electrical, electronic and mechanical workings of a vehicle and how components interact with one another
- Knowledge of the different types of vehicle engines and their characteristics
- The ability to use and maintain multiple tools and equipment
- The ability to keep up-to-date with the latest vehicle technologies
- An awareness of the national safety standards and vehicle regulations
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Interpersonal skills
- Written communication skills in Maltese and/ or English
- Numeracy skills and organisational and planning skills
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Time management skills
- The ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A methodical approach and a passion for vehicles
- A practical orientation and arm-hand steadiness
- Attention to detail, manual dexterity, patience and precision