The Mechanical Technician is responsible for the upkeep of machinery and equipment such as Batching Plant, Brick Manufacturing Machine, Steel Fabrication Machine, Water Treatment Plant, Plumbing Systems, Air-Conditioning Systems, Heating and Ventilation Units, Overhead Cranes Tower Cranes etc.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Conduct daily repairs of machines/auxiliary equipment, to ensure the least possible downtime and increase production output.
- Assist the Engineer in the preparation of detailed estimates of resources required for the development and installation of machinery and equipment.
- Assemble and install machinery and equipment under the direction of the Engineer.
- Conduct tests of mechanical systems, collect and analyse data and report on the results.
- Perform checks and diagnostic tests on machinery and equipment.
- Adjust, re-calibrate, replace faulty parts to machinery and equipment.
- Carry out preventive maintenance and servicing of machines and equipment on a regular basis.
- Carry out corrective maintenance in pneumatic controls, hydraulic pumps, dismantling of and assembling of induction motors, multistage water pumps and gearboxes.
- Provide support to Engineer in research and development processes.
Work is on a full-time basis.
Working outside the normal work schedule may be required in case of emergency situations which necessitate immediate attention.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
A qualification at MQF Level 4 or higher in Mechanical Systems and/or Engineering is required.
A valid driving licence is required for this role.
On-the-job training is offered by the employer.