The Merchandising and Planograming Manager is responsible for defining and driving an agile merchandising and planogramming strategy in order to best present our ranges, support sales and maximise profits.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1 Construct and update a full planograming and merchandising presentation for actual and new stores
2 Support Category Management work and analysis in order to maximize shelving revenues
3 Assist Buyers to plan the type of merchandise required and how much stock is needed.
4 Ensure products are located in the appropriate shelves and that the required stock levels are available.
5 Ensure that products are priced at the appropriate value.
6 Seek information on customers’ reactions to products.
7 Liaise with the marketing department to develop marketing initiatives and oversee promotional campaigns.
8 Monitor competitors’ products and pricing strategies.
9 Put forward recommendations for new merchandise.
10 Detect and resolve any manufacturing and supply issues.
11 Suggest displays to the Store Manager.
12 Make a sketch or model of the display.
13 Purchase or create props for the display.
14 Assemble the display using a variety of materials.
15 Replace signage, window displays and all POS MERCHANDISING on a regular basis.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
The role is on a full-time basis from Monday to Friday.
It is to be expected to work on Saturdays and/ or Sundays and for longer hours during busy periods.
The time is to be divided between the office and the store.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
Although no specific educational requirements are needed to work as a Merchandiser and Planograming managing, a qualification in a relevant area to the sector is considered as an asset.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
Candidate is expected to have:
• Commercial and business awareness
• Experience in merchandising and planogram within home improvements and diy retailers is, more than welcomed
• The ability to negotiate and network successfully
• The ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships
• Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques, as well as consumer psychology
• The ability to keep updated with regards to new products on the market
• The ability to display products in an attractive manner
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, excellent analytical, communication and federating skills / preferred master data management experience / merchandising and planograming needed software experts.
• Interpersonal skills • IT skills • Numeracy skills • Presentation skills
• Problem solving and decision-making skills • Organisational and planning skills
• The ability to multitask • The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• A flair for design • A sense of initiative • A well-groomed appearance • Adaptability
• Attention to detail • Creativity • Critical thinking skill