The Project Manager will coordinate all construction processes to ensure that a project is completed on time and within budget.
• Plan, organize and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
• Liaise with supervisory personnel to discuss work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
• Prepare estimation of costs, budgets and construction time frames.
• Inspect and review construction work, repair projects and reports to ensure work conforms to specifications.
• Study job specifications to plan and approve construction of project.
• Direct and supervise workers on construction sites to ensure the project meets specifications.
• Assign workers to construction work projects.
• Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, trade workers and clients.
• Formulate reports concerning work progress, costs and scheduling to ensure that the project is completed on time and within budget.
• Liaise with architects and staff from government authorities, including health and safety inspectors and building inspectors.
• Ensure construction work is being carried out in accordance with building regulations.
• Investigate reports of damage at construction sites to ensure proper procedures are being carried out.
• Be involved in the recruitment and selection of workers and sub-contractors.
• Assist in the preparation and submission of tender bids.