The Project Manager will coordinate all construction processes to ensure that a project is completed on time and within budget.
• Plan, organize and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
• Liaise with supervisory personnel to discuss work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
• Prepare estimation of costs, budgets and construction time frames.
• Inspect and review construction work, repair projects and reports to ensure work conforms to specifications.
• Study job specifications to plan and approve construction of project.
• Direct and supervise workers on construction sites to ensure the project meets specifications.
• Assign workers to construction work projects.
• Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, trade workers and clients.
• Formulate reports concerning work progress, costs and scheduling to ensure that the project is completed on time and within budget.
• Liaise with architects and staff from government authorities, including health and safety inspectors and building inspectors.
• Ensure construction work is being carried out in accordance with building regulations.
• Investigate reports of damage at construction sites to ensure proper procedures are being carried out.
• Be involved in the recruitment and selection of workers and sub-contractors.
• Assist in the preparation and submission of tender bids.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Deal with the construction of buildings in the public and private sector.
Work on a full-time basis. The role involves being on call and working during weekends may be required in order to meet project deadlines.
Typically work is from main office, regular on-site visits and meetings with clients is required to monitor the project.
When working on multiple projects, frequent travel between sites is required.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
Have extensive work experience in the building and construction sector in other supervisory, technical or trade roles.
Be a warranted Architect specializing in Structural Engineering
Be proficient in MS Office Software including MS Project as well as ACAD.
A valid driving license is typically required for this role.
On-the-job training is usually offered.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
• Knowledge of any raw materials that need to be used in construction
• Knowledge of processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the efficiency of the work
• Knowledge of any materials and tools as well as methods, needed in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as roads
• An understanding of customer needs and the ability to meet quality standards
• Knowledge of relevant machines and tools, including their uses, repair and maintenance
• Knowledge of building regulations
• People management and leadership skills in order to lead a team of construction workers
• Financial management skills
• Negotiation skills
• Networking skills and the ability to maintain professional relationships
• Knowledge of health and safety procedures
• Interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills in Maltese and/ or English
• Organisational and planning skills
• Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Time management and multitasking skills
• The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Managing multicultural and multilingual teams
• A methodical approach to work
• A sense of initiative
• Attention to detail
• Business acumen
• Proactive and energetic attitude