Purchasing Executive purchase goods for use or resale on behalf of public or commercial organisations operating in various sectors. They are responsible for buying the best quality goods, at the most competitive prices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Understand consumer trends to plan a strategy in line with market requirements.
- Review stock levels and order products.
- Research new products through product catalogues and listings.
- Issue request for tenders and quotations and carry out the evaluation process.
- Liaise with Sales Representatives and negotiate prices as well as contract terms and conditions with suppliers.
- Keep contract files and use them as reference for the future.
- Inspect, compare and select goods for sale.
- Make arrangements for payment and delivery.
- Develop rebate plans.
- Prepare reports and present them to senior management.
Work in office on a full-time basis, occasionally spending time in warehouses, stores and outlet.
Experience is a valuable prerequisite.
May require a qualification at MQF Level 4 or higher in relevant areas including business, sales and marketing, management or commerce.
On-the-job training is usually offered by the employer.