The Quantity Surveyor will work on both Pre-Contract and Post-Contract tenders on a variety of construction projects- both civil and finishing works in conjunction with the respective Project Manager.
- Undertaking Cost Analysis.
- Procuring Subcontract Packages and making payments.
- Provide full commercial support to Project Managers.
- Assisting in establish client requirements and performing feasibility studies.
- Providing advice on contractual claims.
- Preparation of monthly financial/ cost reports and forecasts in conjunction with the Project Manager/ Architect.
- Assist with the placing of sub-contractor orders, monitoring sub contract accounts including preparation of interim valuations and final account settlement in accordance with pre-established conditions.
- Resolution of final accounts with clients.
- General quantity surveying procedures.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is on a full-time basis.
Working overtime and during weekends may be required in order to meet tight deadlines. Although certain tasks are carried out in an office, other tasks require the Quantity Surveyor to spend time at the construction site.
EDUCATION & LICENCES REQUIRED
Applicants must have a valid driving licence.
A qualification in Quantity Surveying.
On-the-job training is usually offered by the employer.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
The Quantity Surveyor is expected to have:
• Knowledge of general engineering
• Knowledge of building and construction related matters including materials, methods, tools and equipment
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles
• Proficiency in the use of Office applications and Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software
• Proficiency in Mathematics
• Negotiation skills
• Financial skills
• Knowledge of building regulations
• Knowledge of health and safety procedures
• Interpersonal skills
• Written communication skills in Maltese and/ or English
• Organizational and planning skills
• Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Time management skills
• The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• A methodical approach to work
• A practical orientation
• Attention to detail