The role of the Sales Manager and Operations Manager is to oversee the shift from BM Pro to ‘Attard Pro’, both physically and from a process Point of View; to generate business opportunities to increase revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow; to manage the sales and business development, warehouse, logistics teams maximise efficiencies and level of service provided to clients.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products, and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Manage the move from BM Pro to Attard Pro; Set up Sales Offices, Warehouse, Logistics, Recruitment and Training
- Set up Sales Offices, Warehouse, Logistics, Recruitment and Training
- Organise, contribute towards, and assist in marketing efforts including marketing campaigns, content writing, social media presence and events organisation.
- Manage Sales teams including daily operations, analysis of performance, setting up of processes and procedures, recruitment, and training.
- Oversee branding exercise of the new section. Set up website and branding material.
- Identify market trends, especially those concerning the shift towards sustainability.
- Set sales budgets, and administer, manage, and report on revenue.
- Analyze business performance data to support management team decision-making.
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives to develop and improve the business.
- Keep abreast of market trends, competitor activities and business opportunities.
- Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning to implement operational changes.
- Work with purchasing and sourcing to identify, negotiate and draw up supplier contracts.
- Have a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is usually a regular 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday week, though you may on occasion have to work longer to meet a project deadline or when attending an event or conference. Flexible working and working from home may be possible.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
A degree is not essential for this role, although a degree in Business Administration, Business Development, Marketing or Sales is preferable. Related work experience in related jobs such as operations manager, commercial manager, account manager, business development manager and sales manager will be considered as advantageous.
Having a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services in the construction industry related to construction materials will be an asset in this role.
A full driving licence is a requirement.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
In this role, one is expected to have:
- Sales Operations
- MS Excel
- Project Management
- Business Operations
- MS PowerPoint
- Business Development
- Sales Strategy, Processes and Operations
- Revenue Operations
- Written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving attitude
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational capacity
- Team player
- Sense of urgency
- Consistent levels of evident enthusiasm
- Copes well under pressure
- Positive thinker