The Senior Property Development Architect will coordinate the Architecture Services and the Commercial & Project Execution Team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1 Liaising with Architects/Clients/Planning Authority Officers
2 Preparation of Project Concepts and Feasibility Studies
3 Ensuring compliance with Local Building Legislation and Planning Polices
4 Performing BOQs/Contracts/Agreements
5 Performing Quantity Surveying and certification of works
6 Performing Site inspections/Condition reports/Works Method Statements
7 Ensuring Quality of works and Sustainability in Projects
8 Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety Regulations on Projects
9 Provide Architectural/Structural technical solutions
10 Perform Property Valuation
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Deal with the construction of buildings in the public and private sector.
Work on a full-time basis. The role involves being on call and working during weekends may be required in order to meet project deadlines. Typically work is from main office, regular on-site visits and meetings with clients is required to monitor the project. When working on multiple projects, frequent travel between sites is required.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
Have extensive work experience in the building and construction sector in other supervisory, technical or trade roles.
Be a warranted Architect specialising in Structural Engineering
Be proficient in MS Office Software including MS Project as well as ACAD.
A valid driving licence is typically required for this role.
On-the-job training is usually offered.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
• Knowledge of any raw materials that need to be used in construction
• Knowledge of processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the efficiency of the work
• Knowledge of any materials and tools as well as methods, needed in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as roads
• An understanding of customer needs and the ability to meet quality standards
• Knowledge of relevant machines and tools, including their uses, repair and maintenance
• Knowledge of building regulations
• People management and leadership skills in order to lead a team of construction workers
• Financial management skills
• Negotiation skills
• Networking skills and the ability to maintain professional relationships
• Knowledge of health and safety procedures
• Interpersonal skills • Strong communication skills in Maltese and/ or English
• Organisational and planning skills • Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Time management and multitasking skills
• The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Managing multicultural and multilingual teams
• A methodical approach to work • A sense of initiative • Accuracy • Assertiveness • Attention to detail • Business acumen • Diligence • Efficiency • Flexibility • Proactive and energetic attitude