Tower Crane Operators are primarily responsible for operating heavy equipment, which may be either fixed or mobile, in a variety of locations, such as construction sites
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Ensures that heavy equipment, is functioning properly before operating it
2. Ensures that the load is attached in a safe manner
3. Ensures that the weight and lifting capacity are not surpassed
4. Report any potential faults, damages and/or hazards
5. Controls the speed and movement of the load
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is on a full-time basis and may be required to work additional hours.
Typically work is from Monday to Friday.
Working during weekends and public holidays may also be required.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
A valid Tower Crane Operator Certificate
On-the-job training is usually offered by the employer.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
• The ability to monitor operations, such as read gauges, dials and other indicators to see that heavy equipment is working properly
• Knowledge of health and safety procedures
• Communication skills in Maltese and/or English
• The ability to follow instructions
• Numeracy skills
• Organisational and planning skills
• Problem solving and decision making skills
• Time management and multitasking skills
• The ability to work under pressure