The Warehouse Manager maintains the accuracy of all inventories, manages warehouse and inventory costs, issues delivery orders, conducts stock take and maintains records, optimises location capacity and stock placement efficiency.
MAIN KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Plan, lead and monitor storage and distribution services.
Identify and implement warehouse related policies and procedures.
Ensure that the fastest and most cost-efficient routes are planned.
Manage relationships with customers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
Agree on delivery slots with Suppliers.
Allocate and monitor budgets.
Monitor and manage stock levels.
Monitor the dispatch of inhouse delivery vehicles and subcontractors
Ensure transportation schedules are adhered to.
Monitor administrative and operational functions.
Deal with technical difficulties and take action to resolve any issues.
Ensure the necessary paperwork, such as shipping documentation, is in order.
Ensure that staff under your remit respond to customer queries and complaints in a prompt manner.
Ensure routine maintenance is carried out on vehicles and equipment in adherence to the company’s policies on health and safety.
Participate in the recruitment and training of new employees for the warehouse.
Plan and prepare staff schedules and rosters.
Carry out performance reviews
Ensure that the Warehouse services the outlet and other distribution channels in the most efficient manner
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
The role is on a full-time basis and working hours will vary according to company needs.
May either work Monday to Friday during office hours or else work on shift basis, which would require working during evenings, weekends and public holidays.
Duties require one to work in different settings, including in an office environment, on the shop floor or at a warehouse.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
Previous experience in the warehousing in retail sector is a requirement.
On-the-job training is offered by the employer.
The Warehouse Manager is expected to have:
- Knowledge of logistics and supply chain management
- Knowledge of warehouse and inventory management
- Knowledge of transportation regulations
- An understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- The ability to analyse and interpret data
- An understanding of customer requirements
- An understanding of business accounting and finance
- Personnel management skills
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills in English and/or Maltese
- IT skills
- Customer care skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Time management skills
- The ability to cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to persuade, negotiate and network successfully