The Yard Security Officer ensures that the yard is kept safe and secure.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Perform security checks on persons and goods in the yard.
Perform security checks at yard entrance, which may include the inspection of personal belongings.
Monitor the yard surveillance systems.
Patrol and secure the yard premises
Sign in visitors and direct them to the appropriate yard location.
Log vehicles entering and/or leaving the yard premises.
Control and direct the movement of individuals in the yard’s private or restricted areas.
Keen sense of observation and reporting.
Uphold company rules.
Provide assistance as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
The nature of the work may be physically demanding. Therefore, it is important to be physically fit.
Typically work on a full-time basis.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
To work as a Yard Security Officer, the individuals should:
• Ideally be an ex-Policeman;
• Have a clean Police Conduct Certificate ;
• Be in possession of a Security Guard license.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
The Yard Security Guard is expected to have:
• Knowledge of public safety and security procedures
• Knowledge of local legislation
• An understanding of human behaviour
• The ability to identify security risks
• The ability to use surveillance equipment
• The ability to resolve conflicts
• The ability to carry out security searches
• The ability to keep a log and write detailed reports on any incidents which occur
• Knowledge of health and safety procedures
• Interpersonal skills • Written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably Maltese • The ability to follow instructions • IT skills • Customer care skills • Problem solving skills and the ability to take timely decisions • The ability to work independently and as part of a team
•An eye for detail and able to exert control • A sense of discipline • A sense of initiative • A well-groomed appearance • Accuracy • Alertness • Assertiveness • Diligence • Patience • The ability to keep calm in challenging situations •Integrity